Interested in innovative approaches to ed reform? Have time to contribute your expertise? The US Department of Education is currently seeking peer reviewers for the FY 2012 Investing in Innovation (i3) grant competition. The department particularly needs professionals with specific expertise in one or more i3 Absolute Priority areas:
- Improving Effectiveness and Distribution of Effective Teachers or Principals
- Promoting Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Education
- Improving Parent and Family Engagement (Development grants only)
- High Standards and High-Quality Assessments (Scale-up and Validation Only)
- Turning Around Low Performing Schools
- Improving Achievement in Rural LEA’s
Those interested in applying to become a reviewer can find more information here.